Purpose of the Award
The CMO of the Year Award is intended to recognize excellence in executive level marketing leadership and will be awarded to one CMO in the DFW area, chosen from those who are nominated.
There is no charge to enter someone for this category (CMO).
How to Nominate
- Please carefully read and follow all Nomination Rules and Eligibility Requirements to ensure the nominee meets the necessary nomination criteria.
- Submit your nomination online, all nominations must be submitted electronically by March 18, 2019.
- All nominees will be notified of their nomination and will be asked to complete a questionnaire. The judging panel will evaluate the nominee based on their answers and completion of the questionnaire.
Nomination Rules and Eligibility Requirements
- All entries must include a 100% completed nomination form and conform to the entry requirements and questions. Failure to submit a completed nomination form could result in the nominee being disqualified.
- Each nominee should be in an active leadership role at a company/business/nonprofit organization that is based in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex to be considered for the award; this award is not limited to DFW AMA Members.
- Each nominee’s business accomplishments and contributions to the business of marketing must have been completed within the calendar year of January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018.
- All nominees’ business accomplishments and contributions must be of real marketing efforts. No conceptual, hypothetical or abstract work will be considered.
- By submitting to the CMO of the Year Award all nominators acknowledge the right of the DFW American Marketing Association (DFW AMA) to utilize all submitted materials and entry information for publications, exhibitions, and marketing of the DFW AMA Marketer of the Year (MoY) Awards Ceremony.
- The DFW AMA and the judging panel reserve the right to rescind an award given out if it is proven that the work submitted was false, invalid, unlawful, illegal or otherwise infringes upon the intellectual property or proprietary rights of a third party.
Judging Panel and Evaluation Criteria
Nominations will be reviewed by a panel of distinguished judges.
Nominees will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Their business accomplishments and contributions to the business of marketing
- Their demonstration of superior leadership within and outside the organization
- Their innovative contribution(s) to their industry/firm/market