Purpose of the Award
The Collegiate Marketer of the Year Award is intended to recognize excellence in collegiate marketing leadership and will be awarded to one individual or group of qualifying collegiate marketers in the state of Texas, chosen from those that are nominated.
How to Nominate
- Please carefully read and follow all Nominations Rules and Eligibility Requirements to ensure the nominee meets the necessary submission criteria.
- Submit your nomination online, all nominations must be submitted electronically by March 18, 2019.
Nomination Rules and Eligibility Requirements
- All entries must include a 100% completed nomination form and conform to the entry requirements and questions. Failure to submit a completed nomination form could result in the nominee being disqualified.
- Each nominee should be a current undergraduate or graduate collegiate marketing student based in the state of Texas to be considered for the award; this award is not limited to DFW AMA Members.
- Each nominee’s accomplishments and contributions to the study of marketing must have been completed within the calendar year of January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018.
- All nominee’s academic accomplishments (individual or group projects) and contributions must be of applicable marketing efforts. This may consist of individual or group projects completed in/for a marketing-related collegiate course (for credit).
- By submitting to the Collegiate Marketer of the Year Award all nominators acknowledge the right of the DFW AMA to utilize all submitted materials and entry information for publications, exhibitions, and marketing of the DFW AMA Marketer of the Year Awards Gala.
- The DFW AMA and the judging panel reserve the right to rescind an award given out if it is proven that the work submitted was false, invalid, unlawful, illegal or otherwise infringes upon the intellectual property or proprietary rights of a third party.
Judging Panel and Evaluation Criteria
Nominations will be reviewed by a panel of distinguished judges. For more information about the judging panel, visit Judging.
Nominees will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Marketing Challenge: What was the basic challenge that was presented to be addressed/solved/changed in the marketing project? Judging will be based on how clearly the challenge is stated.
- Goal(s) or Objective(s): What was/were the goal(s)/objective(s) that were established to address the above marketing challenge?Judging will be based on how clear the stated goal(s)/objective(s) were.
- Strategy and Process: What was the strategy and process that was identified to address the above stated marketing challenge and achieve the goal(s) or objective(s) that were established?Judging will be based on how well the strategy and process was related to achieving the goal(s)/objective(s).
- Implementation taken: What was the implementation proposed with the project to achieve the goal(s)/objective(s) that were established?Judging will be based on how well these proposed implementation actions align with the goal(s)/objective(s). Judges will also be able to award points in this question for the utilization of innovative and creative ideas. Points awarded in this question will be weighted double in judging evaluations, please provide sufficient explanation and examples of your work created.
- Leadership efforts: What is their demonstration of superior leadership within and outside the Collegiate classroom environment.
- Marketing activities: What is their accomplishments and contributions to marketing-related activities including volunteering, community events and involvement in any marketing associations.